As a small business owner, you wear many different hats. Depending on the size of your business, you might be juggling marketing, website building, branding, and running the business. There are many online degrees available for business owners. To survive in today’s business world, owners need to stand out and separate themselves from competitors. Being knowledgeable about different business topics improves your likelihood of success. Here is a list of some beneficial degrees for business owners large and small.
- Master of Business Administration: This is one of the best degrees a business owner can have. MBA programs combine a global perspective with leadership and marketing skills. The skill sets learned help you grow your business in emerging markets. You can expect to take courses in strategic management, business perspectives, and economics for global decision makers.
- Masters in Accounting or Finance: MBA courses offer an intro to finances, but that is rarely enough for a business owner. If you earn your accounting masters degree online, you are equipped to understand and manage the financial aspects of your business. You can chart finances for investors. You can keep up with all the bookkeeping and numbers associated with running a business.
- Small Business Management: This program provides a solid education in areas like strategic development, taxation, and sales and marketing. You learn what it takes to operate a small business. You learn the principles of leading a team, promoting responsibility within an organization, and managing sales activities.
- Bachelor in Entrepreneurship: Sometimes this degree is combined with business administration. This program offers you important skills designed to help you start, grow, and manage a business. Some schools even offer course design so you can choose which topics are most interesting and beneficial to you.
- Bachelor in Communications: As a business owner, it is important to understand the processes and impacts of human communication. Effective communicators are able to brand their message and target an audience. As a student, you will gain interpersonal communication skills, understand the importance of public relations, and study mass media communications.
- Bachelor in Marketing: Through this program, you learn about communications, market research, and marketing strategies and how they impact the business world. By majoring in marketing, you gain insight into consumerism and product promotion.
- Bachelor in Business Technology: Few businesses today operate without an Internet presence. Therefore, learning business technology is vital to running a successful business. You may find yourself taking courses in strategic planning, IT management, operations management, and business systems analysis. You are taught how to implement business technology systems in your business and utilize them in a meaningfully and successfully. Business technology can give you an edge over the competition.
- Bachelor in Economics: This is a comprehensive degree program that allows you to study business at the theoretical level. You will learn business theory, economic principles, and trends in business. Through the course, you will learn to understand how these trends are necessary for growth and security. You are taught how to analyze trends, improve overall business performance, and predict growth and decline.
- International Business: Businesses are increasingly becoming global. This is a great degree if you are currently working in a global atmosphere or hope to one day expand internationally. You can expect to take encounter courses like business ethics, communications, international marketing, and global commerce. You might consider coupling the course with learning a foreign language.
Running a small business requires you to be a jack of all trades. Earning an online degree allows you to increase your skillset while continuing to run your business. This list might seem overwhelming, but many of these degrees overlap. Depending on your business, you might better benefit from taking a single course on a subject in certain fields.